When starting your fitness journey it is so easy to caught up in fear. When we haven’t followed a program before, we don’t know if it will work or even if we can commit. So we begin to doubt, and self doubt leads to fear, and fear leads to failure.
There is NOTHING wrong with failure as long as we don’t let it paralyze us. There’s no easy way around it. In order to overcome, we must just TRY. And we may fail. Over and over again, but that’s okay because that’s how we learn.
Take a step back and think about what you are afraid of. Is it?
– Fear that you would disappoint?
– Fear that you couldn’t be successful?
– Fear of what people may think?
Your fitness journey won’t be easy, but you have to conquer these fears not only to grow as a person, but to also create your story of overcoming a challenge that you can share with others to help inspire them. Because real people inspire.
As One of my favorite authors Jon Gordon says, “the antidote to fear is love”. So instead of the fear of failing, decide to focus on your love of being on your own journey, your love for your desire to be better. If you focus on love, you will cast out fear. Worrying about the outcome and what people think will steal your joy and sabotage your success but loving and appreciating the moment will energize you and enhance your performance.
- Love the struggle because it makes you appreciate your accomplishments.
- Love challenges because they make you stronger.
- Love competition because it makes you better.
- Love negative people because they make you more positive.
- Love fear because it makes you courageous.
The secret to life and the greatest success strategy of all is to love all of it and fear none of it.